It took me a long time to convince my kids to join a swim team. I asked C when she was 6 if she wanted to join, and most years after that (not including the year I had the twins!) She is now finally doing it at age 10! I enjoyed swim team for many years growing up and even coached for a few years. I have taught my children how to swim and the twins are starting lessons with me this summer.
We have now been on the team for one month and their progress has been wonderful! From the first meet until now all my kids have dropped 10-20 seconds off their time. They know how to swim breaststroke and butterfly now. They are not the fastest kids in their groups but they are getting better every week.
This week A "got it". He put all the pieces together and looked awesome doing freestyle. T swam breaststroke without DQing....he is not perfect yet but so close. C is excelling in all 4 strokes. That truly was my goal this year for them. I told them that even if we do swim team for just one year it will be worth it for them to learn all the strokes.
We are having fun and they are already talking about next year!!!!

2 comments:
I feel the same way about swim team. I have wanted to do it but to took some years convincing. It has been a good experience but we are not talking about next year.
That's great Cindy! Would you believe Sydney and Jack still can't swim!!! I have got to get them in swim lessons!
Post a Comment