T also made a surprise gift for Father's day, a wooden hot pad plate for me, a model of a teepee, and a cool leather bracelet that he got to engrave (of whatever they called it) himself. He also learned some flag football and ultimate frisbee and TONS of other stuff.
At dinnertime there was fun stuff as well. One night we had someone bring birds to show and talk about. One night there was a juggler. One night we were suppose to set off big rockets but it was too windy so we did skits and den cheers. And one fun tradition they had every night was the dinner bag pop. We were told to pack dinners in large ziplock bags for this tradition. The other thing enjoyed during a HOT camp week was TWICE everyday we had to go get snow cones.
I went as a volunteer. My job....Den walker. I really enjoyed it, watching my son as well as th other boys enjoy learning! I was in charge of 6 boys. I had to make sure we got everywhere on time and that as they did the requirements that they were passed off in their booklets. During a 30 min period each day I had to teach some stuff. We learned some cub songs, made a cub cheer, and talked about cooperation among other things. We also enjoyed making paper airplanes and playing UNO during wait times...like the end of dinner or waiting for our turn at archery.
I really saw the great impact scouting can have for these boys. This camp was put together well and well run. I am thankful for all the hard work that went into cub camp. I am so grateful for the cub scouting program and all it has to offer young boys.

No comments:
Post a Comment