After changing 5 little bottoms over 10 years, I am now ready to leave the diaper stage! Really I have been ready for months but S was not ready yet. But he has finally gotten it! R was trained last July but S was not ready yet. For months we have been asking him, bribing him, even begging him to pee in the potty.
Well last Sunday after pee 90% on the floor, I rushed S to the potty and he got the last 10% in it. BOY did we celebrate! It is the moment I have been waiting for. He is 3 years old and never produced on the potty. He said "It is too Hard". I could detail our entire struggle but it does not matter now.
All my other kids trained by 2 1/2. Each was fairly easy to train WHEN THEY ARE READY! A actually trained himself. He would follow his big brother in and copy him then bring me his diaper to put back on. T trained in a weekend with Daddy using M&Ms a few weeks before A was born.
I knew that once S got the idea he would train quickly and he has. I have used 5 diapers/pull ups this whole week! The first few days we had a pair or two of wet underwear, but no accidents or diapers wet since Thursday!! Day and night, he has got it. R also is staying dry overnight. So I think it is safe to say I have purchased my last diapers. I bought 1 package of pull ups this week, but I doubt I will use them all. I did not use the whole package I bought for R until this week putting them on S.
I am so happy. I am done with diapers!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yeah for you! So lucky. I am heading in that direction myself. Starting with Daisy in a month or so, and then I will be feeling the "no more diapers" bliss, too.
WOW, I'm sure happy for you! Can't wait to be there myself! I have a feeling my A is going to be like your S!!! She's refusing all bribes. Just says "I don't want to". Ahhh!
Post a Comment