Friday, December 19, 2008

Gingerbread Cookie time!!











I love Gingerbread and houses are fun to look at BUT cookies are so good to eat. Making gingerbread cookies is a tradition from my family. As kids we would help my mom bake and docorate gingerbread cookies to take to our family and friends. I love continuing this tradition. Here is a sampling of this year's work. We usually package the cookies in family chains. But as our circle of friends grows I have to make more smaller cookies...all that baking is alot of work. But those who get smaller cookies also got some of Toby's Fudge....his grandpa's recipe! That is another tradition.

Please be aware that the plate of cookies included in this post. Robert did those all by himself. Everyone decorated handful of cookies and then the kids got up to do other things leaving me with many to decorate, but Robert sat with me decorating for close to an hour. He was having a great time and was so happy! Family traditions keep us strong and my kids will have these memories for years!!

No comments: