Saturday, March 12, 2011

Birthdays and baptism

We have had a busy 2+ weeks with 3 birthdays and a baptism squeezed in amongst the weekly and daily jobs that must get done. So I will try to summerize our busy time.

A had a big 8 birthday. He got his breakfast in bed and picked where he wanted to go to dinner. He got a bit of an interesting birthday cake...I forgot to buy candles (thought we had some!) so we found whatever we could light. A few candles, toothpicks and popsicle sticks. It worked.
The first Saturday in March, A was baptized. We are so proud of him making this decision.
Just a few days later and the twins turned the big 5. They were excited to have a birthday. Simple happy face pancakes and bacon for breakfast in bed (S got his favorite strawberries!) Then off to preschool followed by MacDonalds for lunch and CiCi's for dinner. We were having a tough time agreeing on one so we went to both to make everyone happy!
Now with 2 boys I dreaded making 2 birthday cakes. That is a lot of cake especially after A's birthday and blue and gold banquet where both cub scouts made cake....I was still in a cake hangover of sorts. I was so glad when S said he wanted an ice cream cake. That was a great idea. I made the traditional chocolate for R, and he requires sprinkles!! Then I froze some softened ice cream in a cake pan. Then I made quick work decorating it. It was not perfect or smooth since the chocolate ice cream wanted to melt as I moved the frosting, but it turned out good, tasty and S liked it.

No comments: