Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Spring Break camping trip



The weather we have had is wonderful. It makes me love springtime in Texas. Wildflowers are coming out and green is co everywhere. When the weather is this nice I always look forward to camping.

We tried a new place this time, dragged our feet a little too long to get a usual spot, but then I always like to try new places too. This one was a nice spot on the lake, where the fishing was good. There was a playground nearby and nice hiking trails. We had a good time with our campfire cooking, fishing and other outdoor activities.

C was especially happy to have a girl friend come and not just be with the boys this time.

Then when we came home I made a few adjustments to our packing and we set off again to camp with our ward. Kids really wanted to stay overnight with all their friends which had not done before due to various reasons. Even this time, Daddy had to go to work in the morning so we went without him. I'm sure he slept better in a comfy bed then in a tent with lots of families around and a road nearby!

No comments: