As we were undecorating the bikes from the 4th of July parade, I had R helping me. I suggested he sit on his brother's bike and he thought it was cool. He actually wanted to sit on his sisters and my bikes as well. On his brothers bike could reach the peddles this time (last christmas when we checked he could not) so I suggested it was time to put the training wheels on for him. He thought that was a cool idea. Time to go past the tricycle which is so slow and he looks like he is getting big for it, his knees starting to kit the handle bars.
Well I had loaned the training wheels out to a fellow twin mom so it took some time, then they sat on the kitchen counter for a week or so until Dad had enough free time to put the wheels on. Finally we got them on yesterday. S jumped right on and gave it a try. R was a little scared this time. It was high in his mind but he did get on and was having some fun after his inital hesitation until he fell over. Then it was done. The picture is a not happy face because it was after the fall and we were encouraging him to try again.
Right now big brother A has the other small kid bike in use but he is growing bigger and is in need of a bigger size, when that happens R & S will not have to share. I hope to have them accomplished bikers befor school starts next year so they can ride to school like their big brothers. Great for a mom who hates the carpool line. I would rather ride bikes with them and I often do just that.

No comments:
Post a Comment