Sunday, May 23, 2010

Swimming in May

The warm weather is here so we are at the pool! Swim team is upon us once again. All 3 older kids are on the team again and continue to improve. A is now learning all the strokes and doing great. To learn breaststroke in 2 weeks time and not DQ is pretty impressive. His butterfly is super close as well.


C is in the age group where she must swim 2 laps for races. It is tough but she is getting stronger all the time.


T is after the most improved award. He won it last year and wants it again. All my kids favorite stroke is my favorite, breast stroke and that makes a mama proud.


The twins are also swimming finally. I hope to have them learn this year so I can stress a little less when at the pool. We started swim lessons with me last week. I create a little contract with them as I have all my kids. It has 5 boxes or and after each lesson they mark off a box, when all 5 are marked they earn a prize. Then 5 more and another prize. That is how I motivate them to work with me during lesson time. The biggest motivation is when they can swim accross Mema's pool they get to go to MacDonalds. After 10 lessons my older kids got the big prize. We are at 7 lessons done now. As soon as they figure out the breathing they both could make the distance.

I'm really proud of them. S has great confidence from the beginning of lessons, but R was so scared to put his face in the water. R has come so far that he is as confident as S. Both are having lots of fun and ask to go swimming every day. I need to get some pics of them, Mema has some but so far I have stayed in the water with them and not had my camera ready.






1 comment:

Dee said...

wow so great they're all swimming! such good exercise. and how fun for you to watch, Cindy! wish I could come see them.