Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hot Dog Sticks




After our last camping trip, we learned we did not have enough hot dog sticks. Everyone needs there own now. So I started looking to buy some new ones. I want the kind that extend longer so my kids can be back a little further from the fire. I priced some out and online seemed better choices than most of the stores near me.

One of our hot dog sticks is hot pink with my name on it that I painted when I was at Girls Camp many years ago as a teenager. I thought before I ordered any I would ask my Mom (who was in charge of girls camp back then) where she got mine. Maybe I could get more like mine. I asked her and she told me that someone made them for her, but she might have some extras. We went digging in the closet at her house where she stores all the camping gear and found enough for all my kids to each have one and still leave some for grandma. 3 were unfinished and 1 was plain blue and one had my name on it. I guess I made more than one back then.

So for a family activity my kids enjoyed painting their own hot dog stick. They will get their first hot dogs and marshmallows cooked on them this weekend while we go camping. Fun family times!

2 comments:

Dee said...

that is a GREAT idea!!! I love it! we don't get out camping, but I want to get a fire pit in our backyard and this would be perfect!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

fun idea!