Friday, August 21, 2009

Ending summer with a splash

I guess summer began with a splash too by way of swim team, but this splash is Splashtown. We finally made it there. We had tickets to go with extended family the week of July 6th who were here on vacation, but that is when Austin got sick and we did not want to split up and go then. We choose instead to wait and go when we could as a family.

My kids really love the water. I guess they get that from me, their Mom who loves to swim and was sometimes called a fish growing up! But lately my kids have not wanted to go swimming at Mema's like we usually do. I honestly do not think we went too much this summer. 3-4 times a week max. Almost always with friends or cousins, but in the last week or so my kids have preferred not to swim.

But Splashtown was different. Everyone was excited to go except R! He is not a big fan of the water perferring to be a beach bum usually at Mema's house. C wanted to do every ride, and some of them twice. She loves adventure. A wishes he could grow 5 more inches so he could try every ride, even though we was a little scared, he did not want to miss out. T was ready to ride most things, though he needed a little convincing on one. S was at home in the water. He loved the crocodile island and the tree house. He has no fear of trying new things. It is also nice that all of my big kids enjoyed the little kid area too, because that is where the twins were most happy.

R was much more timid. When first getting him in the water he protested and fussed. I promised him I would not make him do the slide. He eventually found that he like that the water was shallow enough for him to walk in and he could do the pirate ship slide all by himself. There is a sea shell slide in the baby pool which is really small, no bigger than found at any public park, but R had to work up the nerve to do it. He must have climbed up the step over 10 times before I held his hand and he slid down. That was all he needed, he loved it after that. Same thing with bigger slides. Once Daddy or I got him to go down with us once, he was not scared and happy and wanting to do it again.

Between Daddy & I we did most all of the slides as well taking turns watching the twins. We really had a great family day together.

No comments: