Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Forts

We try to keep the Sabbath Day holy and one way we do this is by not turning on the TV, computer or even the video games for most of the day. So our kids have to find other things to do. It is usually the best day of the week to see them interacting happily.

They put train tracks together, play games, and most Sundays they build forts. Here are some pictures of today's forts. Somedays they all work on one but today they split up and built a few. I remember building forts growing up with my brothers and sisters too.








We do spend other quality time together on Sundays. Big Breakfast is fun. Today, Daddy made pancakes. He doesn't just make them simple, He goes all out and they are full of surprises. Today we had lots of variety. We had chocolate chip, blue chocolate chip, butterscotch chip, banana, strawberry, and apple pancakes to choose from.
We also have some "Sweet Hour" time on Sundays where we focus on gospel topics. I would like to say it lasts an hour but usually not..hopefully it will grow as our kids do. Sometimes during this sweet hour we read The Friend magazine together and discuss things. Right now we are learning the Articles of Faith. Sometimes we have Family Home Evening on Sunday mornings since Dad works nights and the 2 nights he is home can get kind of busy.
It is nice to family time on Sundays! If only we could all go to church together every week. With Toby working Sundays that does not happen. I can't wait until we have church in the morning again and not at 1:30 in the afternoon. I hope those building our new chapel will hurry up!
PS...why will my paragraphs not have spaces between them??

1 comment:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

The pancakes sound yummy! I like your families "sweet hour". What a great idea.