Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pinewood Derby

Last night we attended our first Pinewood Derby. Sure Toby did some when he was younger and I probably went to my brothers......But this was our first as a family. Toby has always commented each time we have another boy something to the effect of "that is more years of pinewood derbies!" Yes, we love our boys and I think we can have fun at all of the pinewood derbies in our future!


Tanner is our first cub scout and he did a great job on his car.....I mean truck! Toby did the big cutting things....including drilling holes for weights but Tanner sanded and painted it. The sanding was not Tanner's favorite part. But he did enjoy the painting....I mean spray paint is cool!!
Tanner did great. He won second place but it was really close. We are so proud of him. One derby down.....How many to go?

2 comments:

Dee said...

Aw! So sweet. I love firsts, it's so exciting!

Aaron and Mandy said...

a gazillion to go - Scouting is so fun though... especially if you just decide to embrace it. I have enjoyed everything about it with our oldest. I can't wait til Kobe is in there.