So Toby gets some worms and we take more marshmallows (we had some Saturday but most got eaten by kids) and try again on Monday morning. It was MLK day so no school but we only took 3 kids with us since the other 2 had other invites. And within 5 minutes S had caught the first fish. He was so happy dancing and chanting "I got the first fish!" Each kids proceeded to catch 2 or 3 more (a couple too little to keep) and we ended up taking about 9 fish home in 2 hours time. It was cold but they kept catching fish.

Toby had the best catch of the day, 2 fish at once. He actually caught someone's stringer that held 2 fish, one trout and one big catfish that had probably pulled it out as he swam away. WE asked around and no one claimed it. It might have even been from another day since the trout did not look too good. Still Toby had never caught 2 fish at once. Something he can treasure in his memory. We had a good time.

Toby cleans and even cooks his fish (since I do not enjoy fish!) So he made fish for dinner while I added some Mac and cheese for the kids. Then I enjoyed a Taco salad from some leftovers!

No comments:
Post a Comment