Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Perfect Camping Weekend

We were all looking forward to this camping weekend. T was missing soccer games "I can't wait to go camping" and C was missing a school field trip but everyone was on countdown to go camping and this trip did not disappoint. We tried a new campground this trip and it offered lots of cool places to explore. Our camp sites were right by a little gully where the kids explored and created stories. This little hut was created before we got there but our kids enjoyed it a lot. We saw lots of armadillos and the paths they left behind beneath the leaves.


We named this the Island tree, cool to climb upon and hang from.
Every year we break out the hammocks and walkie talkies some of the cool toys we take camping.
Something I enjoy camping is cooking over the campfire. I enjoy foil dinners, some chicken and rice, maybe some BBQ. Not my kids. They like hotdogs and eat them almost every night. I do bring spaghettios, some mac and cheese and ramen for a change of pace. But we all enjoy roasted marshmallows and smores.
We had perfect weather cold enough for campfires at night, but warm enough to wear short sleeves during the day. Our kids were not ready to leave and wanted to stay. That is how much fun we were having. Can't wait to go again.

No comments: