Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines day and cookies

Another holiday brings memories of another kind of cookie. Thus reminding you why my blog is named my family of cookies. Also note that R has a new nickname....Mr Sprinkles. His favorite new ingredient lately.



I can remember back in junior high and high school making heart shaped frosted sugar cookies for my friends to have with me at lunch. As a family we have made them most years. For several years in our old ward we had friendship week where you dropped treats and ran away from a secret family. Every year we made sugar cookies for our secret family. Today, on a quisunday afternoon we made cookies. Someday my kids will remember how often we made cookies together. Won't that be a great memory to have! I enjoy memories of my mom and me cookie baking!

Also this week we had the pinewood derby. We had high hopes for this special car we named "The Candy Car". It was a lot of fun to make and we had a good time doing it. The kids saved halloween candy wrappers for a Papa Gift and then used the remainer on the car. We wished the car would have done better, but it is not the winning the race that matters. We had fun trying! Also I need to add....I had to make cookies for the derby too. Chocolate chip. So 2 types of cookies this week. Lots of happy kids, and lots of extra workouts for me!

No comments: